Nemp - Release notes
New features in 4.9
- Memory-saving loading and saving of the media library. With that, a lot bigger music collections should be managable with Nemp - up to 1.000.000 titles should be no problem now.
- Log file for the playlist: When was which title played?
- Setting: Remove missing files from the media library on start
- new Skin ("Blue)" available
- Performance of the G15 display app significantly improved and thereby greatly reduced the CPU load.
New features in 4.8.0
- Option to mark files in the library.
- Support for SoundFont files to play MIDI files. (Rather a bugfix.)
- Options "Extend Search" and "Refine Search" removed from detailed search
- Command line parameter /close to terminate the running instance.
New features in 4.7.0
- Search in the playlist. Next hit with F3, Enter marks everything, Shift+Enter plays the currently selected track
- Always a "tag cloud light" in the bottom right: Double click the artist, album, genre or a tag to list all music files with this property
- Option: In Repeat track playback mode, play only the current entry in a cuesheet, and not the entire file
- Option: Weighted random play. Highly rated titles in the playlist are more likely to be selected than those with a low rating (or vice versa)
- Option: Default cover selectable (displayed if no cover was found)
Changes and bug-fixes in 4.7.0
- Minor changes to the GUI of the tag cloud
- Settings window revised. All options are always displayed
- But some of these were sorted more sensibly and a little bit purified. Some old and very rarely used options have been dropped, some others have been added
- Changes to some default settings that were relics of the past and caused confusion rather than clarity
- Bugfix: The app for the keyboard display now showed the current title when playing Webradio, and not permanently the title that was active at the start of the stream (if the channel sends suitable metadata)
- Bugfix: Setting in the display app "Start display app with Nemp" is now correctly applied by Nemp
- Bugfix: More reliable saving of window positions when switching between compact view and single window mode
- Bugfix: Some webstreams seemed to block Nemp, fixed by an own HTTP user agent instead of the bass. dll standard.
- Bugfix: last. fm Sessionkey was saved incorrectly after changing the service
Bugfix in 4.6.2
- Encoding issue in the webserver solved: Non-Ascii-Characters have not been displayed correctly
Bug-fixes and changes in 4.6.1
- Setting to switch off the advanced skin system, with default "off" for Windows XP
- When the playlist is empty, but a title is still running, it will be played to the end, if new tracks are enqueued into the playlist
- GUI: Scrobber/Birthday/Webserver on/off is now one menu item
- GUI: The current skin is checked in the menu
- GUI: information "x file(s) selected" and similar now different for singular/plural
- Setting "Do NOT begin playback on start" did not work, if the player was stopped before closing
- G15-app doesn't show an error message on start, when no G15 is found.
New in version 4.6
- Support for iTunes tags (m4a)
- Fast start of playback (on network drives)
- Walkman mode: Fluttering on low battery
- New default skin, new logo and icons
- Settings dialog changed
- several bugfixes, including the "out of memory" issue on large music collections
New in version 4.5
- Support for Apev2-Tags
- A-B repeat
- Skipping silence at the end of track
- Getting "CD No." or "Part of a Set" from albums with more than one disk
- several settings, minor changes at the GUI, bugfixes
New in version 4.4
- Revised Webserver for remote control: Customizable in layout and function through "themes"; more features (sort playlist, delete files from playlist, browse in the library, "vote" for files); two user groups (user and admin) with different rights
- new feature: Insert headphone file directly into the playlist and start playback immediatly from the current position
- Drag&drop will insert the files AFTER the selected track, not BEFORE it.
- some bugfixes and minor changes at the GUI
New in version 4.3
- better support for CD audio
- revised "Clean up media library" and "refresh library"
- When dragging the position slider, the destination time is displayed
- Soundcard selection "Default device"
- some bugfixes and minor changes at the GUI
New in version 4.2
- Media keys should work now again
- Ctrl+V will insert files at the selected position
- Nemp Wizard, to setup some basic settings on first start
- Everthing, which change audio files or create new files on the users harddisk (except configuration files in the /data directory) is now Opt-IN. The wizard will check just these things
New in version 4.1
- Support of Flac- and Ogg-tags (read/write)
- Support for the Logitech G15 display
- Copy&Paste: When pressing Ctrl+Shift+C, a proper m3u playlist file is created
- Feature "Copy playlist to USB" with optional renaming of the files
- Equalizer-settings: Easy switching between presets
- Webserver: Setting for "Port"
- Push-to-talk shortcut (F8)
- File details: Editing additional tags (for the tagcloud)
- recording Webradio: Setting "Stream as directory"
- Coverflow: Change at quicksearch; Show missing covers first/last; Clearing the cache
- ID3-tag editor: check read-only-flag of the files
- feature "Show files with missing tags"
- Option "Delete item" for missing "recent playlists"
- Add webradio: Just show a simple Input box, as at the Play button
- Non mp3/ogg/flac-files cannot be edited (including lyrics and extended tags). Only exception: ratings
- Setting for displaying useful data, when some date ais missing (like "show directory if album data is missing")
- Nemp can be closed, even if the library is currently updating
- GUI: Drag&Drop to headphone, from headphone to playlist, from detail-cover to playlist and headphone
- Method "reinit player engine" led to an exception
- If no track number data was entered, Nemp will not write "0" into the ID3v2tag, but just nothing
Bugfix in version 4.0.1
- Rating has not been saved into the ID3Tag, if the play counter was 0
New in version 4.0
- new coverflow: modern look&feel, albums without cover a seperated by directory, automatic download of missing covers (Opt-IN)
- Browse mode "tagcloud". Automatic setting of extended tags (like "singer-songwriter") by LastFM, Display of most common tags in different font sizes. A double click on a tag will create a new cloud, limited to files with the selected tag
- Sorting by file age, for browsing grouped by month
- Columns for file type (mp3, ogg, ..) and play counter
- Expanded cover display aside the library: Display of further information, editing is possible
- Editing file details directly in the main window. Begin editing after two clicks or key F2. Changing the rating by on click
- Automatic adaption of rating of frequently played files. The change depends on the play counter (often played tracks will change less)
- Extended support for Windows7: Customized preview window in the taskbar, buttons for volume control, progress bar
- When saving the playlist with just one album an appropriate filename is suggested ("artist - album")
- Direct playback from the library without changing the playlist
- "Prebook-list" in the playlist, i.e. change order of playback through numeric keys
- playlist history. A click on "previous title" will jump to the previous title (even in random mode)
- Party mode with customizable zoom (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x) for bigger buttons, reduced menus, less functions (like no editing/deleting the library, editing Id3-Tags, ...)
- Better webradio favourites: Custom sort, export as pls playlist
- Random playlist extended: Duration and tags as criteria
- GUI: After Click into the player part, the mouse wheel changes volume. Resizing seperate windows possible at the border, not only at the bottom right.
- Hedphone control integrated into the main window